Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First chance to ride in show (hell yes)

This was an impromptu 20 minute ride on the bmx with the bmx. Dropped the tire pressure to get some tractions. The only thing bothering me was the falling snow because I didn't wear any eye protection. That became very obvious when I 'bombed' (coasted down, ended up almost losing speed) and could barely see. The rest of the ride was fun. Ended up getting called a 'retard' by some super cool middle schoolers in a church parking lot. I had a couple of come backs in mind but decided to take the high road and ignore them and continue on my way.

I would recommend this. Especially if you can do it within sight of others.

3 comments:

  1. i agree, "especially when you can do it in sight of others". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll find fresh snow riding is one of the best simple pleasures and a number of us "retards" around here enjoy it immensely. Though, I'm not quite so sure about enjoying it on a BMX...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're underestimating the joys of riding a 20".

    And yeah blue, I think this does a pretty good job at summarizing winter riding.
    http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2008-02-09

    ReplyDelete