Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Rides from the week

Tuesday, there was an intense(to me) indoor training sessions. I did it on rollers... before that, I rode rollers for about half an hour, an that's ever. Don't follow my lead on that. Riding the rollers while doing intervals was so sketchy it was almost embarrassing. I'm just glad, there was no one next to me.

Throughout the week, there was random bmx rides. They don't amount to much, pretty much just me jumping very small gaps and pussying out on a bunch of easy stuff.

Friday night at 10, there was a gravel ride. When we set off, it was super foggy even with mega-watt lights, you still couldn't see more than a quarter mile ahead of you. The ride was a lesson in mycguyver multi-tool road side bike work. The list of mechanical malfunctions is as follows:
  
Flat front tire (twice-ish)
rear straddle carrier came undone
front straddle cable came loose from brakes
chain dropped (twice)
chain broke (took that opportunity to shorten chain and fix drop)

After all that, I still managed to keep my cool and stop myself from getting it airborne. The irony of the whole situation is that I was the only one singlespeeding of the whole group...

Lastly, Cranksgiving. Of course I did it on the bmx bike, but alas, no 20" disc wheel. I managed to get descent leg extension, but not near enough to be comfortable. With that going on, I was standing up on up hills, and for the most part, on the flats too. This is not good when there's rain on the road. Overall, it was good. feel like I should've done the trackstand contest, there's always next year; and done the leg wrestling contest, there's always next year; and I wish I would've had some beer, next year for that too. A note for next year, 20" bmx category.

Also this. A race organizer in Minnesota apparantly had a bad time with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment