Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Single Speed in

Since Cross racing is over, the Tiagra gruppo now has to do it's thing on my torelli road bike for crit racing. I wanted gears where I could do a gravel or road ride, as well as an mtb singletrack ride on the masi, so I did the following. Using the freehub, I set it up with a 19t and a 14t cog on the back and spaced it so it'd be a decent chain line for both. The tensioning is done by a derailer. To switch cogs, I just adjust adjust the limiters and swap the chain over to the other gear and I'm ready to go. Now that I've put you to sleep with all that, I wish I had a picture to share, but of course I don't and white garage doors are clash with the colors of the bike, the picture will have to wait another day(or week)

No comments:

Post a Comment