Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Friday, November 6, 2009

TIme for some science

I'm readying my road bike for some intense trainer riding this winter, masi is for gravel/snow/mtb/general winter duty, and it came time to get the bars ready. I have a few questions on where to place the sti levers on my bars. here's a couple of pics. I know no one is following, but feel free to comment if you have anything to offer.




While I'm at it, here's the progress on the Torelli. Hopefully it'll be ready for tuesday DMOS training.



An updated pic of the Masi too. It just looks right. Not sure how the 'stache bars are going to be on single track, but the 35mm cross tires weren't designed for single track either.



2 comments:

  1. To me, the levers in the top photo look to be in a much better position. The sweep on the hoods makes a nice place for the hand, plus being down further on the bend brings the lever closer to the drops when you're riding in them and need to quickly grab a fistful of brake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually right now, I swapped on some classic drop bars. I have it set up with a flat transition from bar to hood. It's not permanent so I may try the bars with the levers lower.

    ReplyDelete