Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spooky Cross Day 1...Dead Fucking Last, also day 2

Didn't go quite as a I planned. My plan was to make it an hour early for the 4 race to get an idea of the course and to get some warm up laps in, kick ass in the 4 race, and enjoy the rest of the races. What actually happened was that I got there at 1:15 as the 4 race was starting. I got to enjoy the 4 and womens race and for whatever reason decided to sign up for the 1/2/3 race, very very fun(?) idea. Still not sure what to think of my decision.

In the race, I got dropped from the start and from there it was an exploration into the pain cave. This time, the cave was very muddy and had lots of climbing. By the time it was over, I had collected a PayDay candy bar from a hand up from the announcer, a dollar bill on heckler hill and lots of mud and an overwhelming sense of regret. The regret is long gone, as is the mud thanks to an hour and a half of my time, 5 rags and a garden hose. I still have the dollar to show for my efforts though.

now for a pic of the bike:


Day 2 wasn't too noteworthy besides the fact that I got there in got lapped at with 2 laps left by only 1 person, as apposed to getting lapped on lap 3 of day 1 in the 1/2/3 race.

1 comment: