Serving the duty of filling my time, documenting my anticlimactic cycling ventures and broadcasting my hardly-there sense of humor to the world. Mainly the last one.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cattle Cross

This was by far my best race, ended up 4th of the 4's.

The course was really fun, lots of mud. I really dug the long mud pit and the switchbacks on the second half of the course. Going in the barn was fun to because of the change in terrain from dirt to sand.

As for the race, I smarted up and started on the first row. when I got to the long mud pit on the second lap or so, I was 4th, but a handlebar x cattle gate colabo brought me down to 7th or so. I was eventually able to make it back up to 4th after a couple of laps of hard work. I battled with a few people along the way, but i made it to forth. With about 3 laps left a caught that 15(or so) year old shit. and had a really fun battle with him until he decided to break away with about a quarter lap left. Those last 3 laps were probably the most fun i've had in cross so far this season! Would've been more fun if i would've ended up on the winning side of it, but he's in a different cat, so it didn't hurt me in the end.

Pics to come tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment